27 August 2010

Poet's Corner

Room 19 have been learning about different types of poetry this term like shape poems, cinquains and couplets. Here are a few examples of poems we have written.







Trees
Rustle, tall
Swaying, bending, blossoming
Beautiful in all nature
Forest

by Olivia

Leaves
In summer leaves grow tall and long
In spring more leaves come and grow strong
In autumn leaves fall from the trees like rain
In winter fallen leaves curl up on the ground and look so plain.

by Olivia






The Wind Beneath the Trees
The wind howls quietly

the wind beneath the trees.

The trees sway softly

the wind beneath the trees.

The wind blew a breeze

the wind beneath the trees.

The trees whisper to the wind

the wind beneath the trees.

The wind and the trees are happy
the wind beneath the trees.

by Ella

Storm
The wind is whirling,
the trees are stirring.
The sky cracks open,
as the rain falls through.

by Ella

Happy
Today I am happy
happy happy happy
a smile spreads across my face
happy happy happy
I jump up and down in excitement
happy happy happy
I am so happy

by Ella

Snow

in winter
cold, wet, freezing,

comes a lot in winter

Ice


by Edie




I See....
I see boats flying
I see buses floating
I see cars walking
I see apples climbing
I see kittens driving
I see computers talking

by Edie



Dark
When it is very dark
I like to go for a walk in the park
And I bring my dog and hear him bark.

by Nic



The Big Tree
I see ....
You and me sitting in a very big tree
and I need to find the key
I feel ....
My heel
when I eat a very big meal
When it is an orange I need to peel

by Nic










3 comments:

  1. These poems look awesome!!! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Poems Room 19 ... I'll show them to Room 8 tomorrow!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Room 19,

    We here in Room 8 think your poems are great! Have a great weekend mates!

    From Room 8

    ReplyDelete